How to Watch AMC on Apple TV
Updated Jan 25 2017
What is AMC?
AMC is a North American channel showing film and tv content.
What can I watch on AMC?
Popular shows to Watch AMC include
- The walking dead
- Better call Saul
- Feed The Beast
- Yerba Buena
- Breaking Bad
- The Night Manager
Ways to Watch AMC
AMC has apps available for
- Web (PC/MAC or Watch AMC using Edge on Xbox One)
- iPhone and iPad
- Apple TV
- Amazon Fire TV / Tablets
- Roku Media Players
Do I need to Sign Up to Watch AMC on Apple TV
Some episodes are available for free without the need to sign up, however for some episodes you will need to create an account. AMC makes it very clear which AMCshows you can watch and which require a sign in though.
For example it states “No Login Required” or “Sign in to watch”.
In addition to this, in order to view the back catalogue of episodes you will need to link your cable and satellite account. However, AMC programming is available in a number of places including the iTunes store, on Amazon and on Netflix so don’t sign up for a cable or satellite account just to get access to the app because there are cheaper ways to watch AMC on Apple TV than that!
How To Watch AMC on Apple TV
There are three methods available to you to watch AMC on Apple TV
1) Download the AMC app on your Apple TV from the US tvOS store
2) Use your iDevice or Mac to Airplay the web content in order to Watch AMC on Apple TV
3) AMC is part of the DirecTV Now package and can be viewed that way instead.
Here is a guide for that method.
1) you need a US iTunes account (skip to step 3 if you already have one)
2) Create a US iTunes account using your web browser on a PC or Mac. First find the AMC app and Select GET. You can choose None as the payment option to avoid inputting your card details. Validate your account via email.
3) Login to your US iTunes account on your box and download the AMC app. This will allow you to watch AMC on Apple TV once you have either opened it, or opened it and signed in if you require a program behind a subscriber paywall.
4) Some content may be geo restricted in which case you need to update the DNS settings on your Apple TV with either a free DNS provider (Not normally reliable) or a Smart DNS provider such as Overplay or Smart DNS Proxy.
5) Select a program and enjoy AMC on Apple TV
I recommend this method because I think it is easier, but also because the website has more content that the app.
1) You still need an AMC account as per method one so get one first and log into the site or find a program that does not require a login
2) Ensure you have set up your DNS service (to ensure you appear to be located in the USA) or your VPN service. I tested AMC with
Express VPN and it worked perfectly but there are many excellent VPN providers. My favourites, all of which I use / have used recently are
3) Once your service is connected choose the program that you want to watch
4) Select Airplay from your device to watch on your Apple TV
I hope this quick guide helped some of you to be able to Watch AMC on Apple TV. Hopefully they will keep improving their app and one day make an app for Xbox and PS4!
see the guide here AMC is part of the DirecTV Now package and can be viewed that way instead.
Here is a guide for that method.
Get more cool stuff like this
in your inbox
Subscribe to our mailing list and get more stuff and updates to your inbox.